Co-Founder & Chief Innovation Officer, InspireCorps
TRANSLATES EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND COACHING EXPERIENCE INTO ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT.
Inspired by phenomenal teachers and coaches at Dartmouth College and Kentucky Country Day, Allison Holzer has dedicated her career to activating excellence in others. She translates her emotional intelligence and coaching expertise for individuals into development approaches for groups – bold, innovative approaches that guide leaders and teams to breakthrough insights, performance, and success. Using her combined training in the education, psychology, and creative arts fields, Allison blends best practices from different learning methodologies to create experiential curricula and online learning.
IMPACT THROUGH ONE-ON-ONE
CONNECTION AND INSIGHT
Introduced to the Coaches Training Institute in 2003 and the inaugural Institute of Coaching Conference at Harvard in 2008, Allison realized the impact of one-on-one connection and insight on peak performance. Driven to understand the science behind the practice of coaching, Allison immersed herself in the academic study and training of applied positive psychology and emotional intelligence at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and the Institute of Coaching (Harvard).
EVIDENCE-BASED STUDY TO
REAL WORLD IMPACT
With academic training in emotional intelligence, psychological brain sciences, applied positive psychology and visual arts, Allison translates the latest social science research into evidence-based, bold solutions and applied learning approaches with rigorous intellect, creative problem solving, and deep compassion.
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP + PUBLICATION
Driven by curiosity and commitment to contribute to the burgeoning fields of coaching and applied positive psychology, Allison collaborates with scholars from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Columbia University, and Hunter College to publish scholarly thought leadership on coaching practices, emotional intelligence, positive psychology, and adult motivation and learning.
“You can not get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
This is the best professional development I’ve received in over 15 years.
I have been impressed by what (Allison) knows about a person’s potential growth and development through her own experiences and depth of knowledge of most recent academic research. Just six weeks in, my aspirations are now more than I ever imagined!
Besides being an incredibly relevant and engaging session, the content stood out because it was rooted in empirical data and then translated seamlessly into practical application.
Allison’s work with our team inspires us to prepare more, have more meaningful conversations, connect to each other, and the impact is enormous. I look forward to seeing it continue to blossom.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychological Brain Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, Dartmouth College
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), Institute of Coaching
- Board Member, Conscious Capitalism, New Haven Chapter (present)
- Co-Founding Board Member, Pursuit-of-happiness.org (2007 – 2015)
- Masters of Art in Teaching (MAT), American University
- Masters of Fine Art (MFA), American University
- Certified Administrator of the Mayer, Salovey, Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- Certified Administrator of the Distill Assessment, Myers Briggs (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory, QOLTC (Quality of Life Therapy & Coaching), Center for Creative Leadership WorkLife Indicator and Discovery Cards