InspireCorps Leader, Facilitator, and Coach.Specialist in Performance Psychology, Somatics, and Laughter & Humor
Delivers learning experiences for organizational exhilaration.
Billy applies his award-winning 30+ years of teaching, coaching, and presenting experience into dynamic and engaging learning experiences for individuals and organizations. With an academic background in education and sport/performance psychology, he inspires leaders and teams to greater cohesion, enjoyment, and performance.
World-Class Teaching Skills for Engaged Learning
As a 3M National Teaching Fellow, Canada’s most prestigious recognition for teaching and educational leadership, Billy designs exhilarating learning experiences based on the latest research for high-impact learning.
Deep Connections for Transformation
Billy creates strong relationships and his deep care for people facilitates remarkable learning in his one-on-one coaching and workshops.
Cutting-Edge Research & Application
As a scholar at the University of Alberta’s Integrative Health Institute, Billy collaborates on research and intervention with world-leaders in mindfulness and body-oriented approaches to learning and health.
“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.”
Bravery and Valor
Humor and Playfulness
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagin, concentration in Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Masters of Arts (MA), Philosophy and Psychology of Sport, University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Philosophy, Grinnell College
- Certified Somatic Coach, Strozzi Institute (2004)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, Coaches Training Institute (2001)
- Certification in Primary Education, Ontario Ministry of Education (1992)
- Certification in Elementary Education, State of Iowa (1986)
- Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Yoga Alliance (2016)
- Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, Laughter Yoga International (2007)
- Certified Laughter Leader, World Laughter Tour (2004)